Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:400 speed films
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:13:30 -0800

Bill Lawlor wrote:

> before switching to delta 400, i was using agfapan 400 - maybe it's time to
> give that film another chance. i'm not against tmax either, and will also
> consider switching to that. i'd like to settle on just 1 film for most of
> my needs (which is what i did with d400) and really learn it.
>
> time to do some comparison testing...
>
> guy

This way i see it is that it is an entirely different CLASS of films. Tab
grain...whatever Ilford wants to call it.
T Max and Delta are tab grain films.
The rest are what I call round grain films. A different ballgame; more silver;
but less resolution.
Some people like the old fashioned full rich look.
I go for the modern tab grain films now with a thinner but much sharper look.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/Mark_Rabiner/Marks_Zone_System.pdf