Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: selenium stains in the darkroom?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:30:16 -0800

Pete Su wrote:

> I think I stupidly tracked some dilute selenium toner from my gloves on to
> various surfaces in my darkroom.
>
> The toner dried and left light red stains behind that washed off, except on the
> light switches (don't ask, I don't know).
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has done anything like thi to themselves before, and if
> there is a way to clear this up short of replacing the switches...or if I
> should be overly concerned about this.
>
> Pete

Selenium is the chemical in my darkroom i am most careful with.
I don't touch it. I use tongs.
Perhaps replace the lightswith covers with red ones to reflect red light instead
of white.
I have a few they look cool.
When wearing rubber gloves i often to better by wearing only one.
The non gloved dry hand can have it's own jobs like light switches and my diet coke.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/Mark_Rabiner/Marks_Zone_System.pdf