Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #225
From: "asparaco" <asparaco@metafour.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 08:44:06 -0600

> Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:59:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: paul nelson <lawnelson@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Leica] Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink
> All,
> I'm just about to start coating my plywood sink,
> 6'X2', and was hoping someone could give me some
> pointers on achieving a durable and water tight
> finish.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Marine fiberglass resin-The clear two part type will coat and waterproof a
plywood sink and be very durable. Don't use fiberglass cloth as it adds
weight and complications. I suggest you do it outside as the fumes from the
methyl-ethyl-ketone will make you high then give you a tremendous headache.
If you want to add color add pigment. Any boat or yacht supply should have
these materials. I would recommend the "boat-marine" product over others as
it maintains flexibility (doesn't crack) over time.

asparaco/chicago