Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:48:12 -0400

Ray Moth wrote:

> Paul Arnold wrote:
> (snip) I am hearing words of hate rather than words of
> friendship, words of wartime propagandists rather than words of
> forgiveness and oneness. (snip)
> Paul,
>
> I hear you loud and clear and, if I thought that some of the apparently
> more outrageous postings were serious, I would agree with you. However
> (as a relatively new LUGer who has been studying this and other recent
> emotive threads with some fascination, trying to fathom the nature of
> the LUG community), it seems to me that almost all of the invective
> stems from personal animosity, coupled with either accidental or
> deliberate misconstrual of people's postings. How often do we read
> comments like, "I never actually said that . . . you are putting words
> into my mouth . . . go back and read my original posting and you'll see
> . . ." and so on. We've seen accusations and wild arguments raging
> about the most trivial and pedantic issues, due, more often than not,
> to misunderstanding. It's hard for me to believe that the people thus
> engaged can be really serious and I suspect a lot of it to be
> deliberate baiting. I personally doubt that there is an ounce of
> genuine racial or ethnic hatred in the LUG, but some LUGers sure know
> how to wind each other up . . . or are they just dense?
>
> Regards,
>
> =====
> Ray
>
> "The trouble with resisting temptation is
>  you never know when you'll get another chance!"

> http://photos.yahoo.com/
This group is a collection of diverese people from around the world who are
brought tegether only by their interest in Leica cameras.  The assumption
stated above, that there are no genuine raciest or ethnic hatred in our group
is unwarrented from the evidence at hand. It's wishful and dangerous thinking.
This is a public forum and we are likely to include the full spectrum of
political and ethical thought here. It would be naive to think there are no
prejudiced or raciest folk who love Leicas.
The internet is like the real world, we have the good, the bad, and the ugly.
We also the the beautiful, informed and sensitive, we also have the ters and
the wordy and wacky. And yes Virginia we even have a few raciests.
John Shick