Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Ansel Adams/John Wimberley WAS Mapplethorpe,highquailty porn
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:53:49 -0500

on 4/12/00 3:50 pm, Jim Brick at jim_brick@agilent.com wrote:

> What I was thinking of is John's most famous book "Quiet Light"
> http://www.photography.net/html/sexton.html . John is his own photographer
> for sure, but some of the Ansel Adams heritage can be seen in his work.
> John worked for Ansel 1979 to 1982 and lived only a few miles from him for
> many years.

I hadn't seen any of this. I guess this is his earlier work? It definitely
shows the AA influence. I guess the stuff I was talking about it is a bit
later... you can see some image from PLACES OF POWER here:

    http://ventanaeditions.com/pop.html

I would say the Quiet Light stuff seems a little in Ansel's shadow for my
taste.

As for the man jumping over the puddle we will have to disagree I think.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com