Subject: Re: [Leica] Hasselblad lenses
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:56:50 -0800

At 7:05 PM -0800 12/4/00, Oliver Bryk wrote:
>Jim Brick wrote:
>Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:57:40 -0800
>From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica-like medium format lenses?
>The Hasselblad 100/3.5 Planar (CF, CFi) is recognized as "the"
>outstanding
>lens in Hasselblads normal lens lineup. Designed originally for space
>work,
>it is beyond reproach. But all of their lenses are in the "can't go
>wrong"
>category. No bow wow's in the bunch.
>
>Jim
>
>I agree 100% and would add the 38mm Biogon "Superwide". I have used both
>of these for over 15 years and find them to be just superb.
>Oliver Bryk

The 100 and 38 are wonderful, but the early 40/4 qualifies as a 'bow
wow' in my experience, as do various other early retrofocus
wideangles. This group and zooms have been the beneficiaries of the
greatest advancements in optical performance in the last 40 years,
starting as they did from rather humble beginnings.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com