Subject: Re: [Leica] PRE-visualization
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:55:12 -0800

Pre-visualization may be a misnomer but it is very effective. I cannot think
of an appropriate name for visualizing how the print would look after having
modified exposure and development in order to change contrast ratios in the
original scene.

The problem is the limitation of the language. In some cases semantics
cannot be explained . Californians are particularly guilty of coining words
and phrases that are ill conceived but become trendy  and part of the
lexicon. The latest one is "deroading" as in getting off the road.
I wonder what images are conjured in the mind of  people with limited
knowledge of English at hearing the word "manhole". "Hopefully" (introduced
in 1962) is an other that makes no sense.

Pre-visualization, that's where it's at, dig it?

Joe Codispoti

From: "Jim Brick" <jim@brick.org>

Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] PRE-visualization)