Subject: Re: [Leica] Two questions re: 35/2 vs 35/1.4 (ASPHs)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:29:42 -0700

Hmmm, I have not seen any answers to this so please let me tread where wiser
people have demurred.

The 35/1.4 Asph never gets OOF performance similar to the 35/2 preasph. The
35/1.4 Asph's renderings are more complex in nature but I do not find it
objectionable (personal experience). As far as I understand both the 35 Asph
lenses have similar OOF characteristics (hearsay). Finally, if you wish, I
could do the "Newspaper Taped To the Wall" test at various apertures with my
35/1.4 Asph and mail you the slides. I never test my own lenses. I either
"like" them or I sell them.

Cheers

John Collier