Subject: Re: [Leica] Test Certificate
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 07:01:30 +0100

Pascal,

The idea is of course that the person signing will feel personally
accountable for the quality of the camera and will therefore really make
sure that the rangefinder is in alignment, there are no loose screws etc.
It is a bit of the same rationale that has led some auto makers to replace
production lines with team "pods" so that each individual car is built from
start to finish by a small group of people.

Whether it will work for Leica, time will tell, but the idea is certainly
sensible.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> >To corroborate Joseph, I am pretty sure that during the meeting at
> >Photokina,  the
> >Leica people specifically mentioned this as a new quality-improvement
> >practice they
> >had just implemented.
>
> not sure I understand what this really means for quality-improvement...
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE
>
> ---------
> Visit my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace
> ---------
> <<< PGP public key available upon request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch