Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: Negative carrier for Valoy II
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:00:24 -0500

apbbeijing jotted down the following:

> Please let me know if you get anywhere with Mr Pelham: he never replied to
> my earlier attempts to communicate with him by fax. I too could do with a
> new neg carrier for my beloved Valoy II!

Phone him.  He doesn't answer email and, from what you write, doesn't seem
to like faxes either.  I talked to him over the phone and he was a great
chap.  Wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.

BTW -- Roger told me that he was having some problems getting the carriers
manufactured.  I'm not sure exactly what these problems were, but it was
something that he and the machinist were working on.  I left him my number
and he's going to call back.  I enquired about the price, and he said they'd
run at about $35.  A damn bargain, given what second-hand originals cost!
Maybe we should do a poll and find out how many people are interested: I'm
not sure Roger knows.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Go sell crazy somewhere else.  We're
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  all stocked up here!"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                    -- Melvin Udall