Subject: [Leica] MASH
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:33:14 -0500

Even after all these years I continue to enjoy watching MASH. Last
night’s episode centered around a Polaroid Land camera. Remember, MASH
takes place during the Korean War (’50 – ’53) and the Polaroid was very
revolutionary then. In this episode, Hawkeye Pierce MD was sent a
Polaroid from a thankful father whose son Hawkeye had treated. The
unexpected present was a huge hit with Hawkeye who wanted to share his
enthusiasm with the always pompous Major Charles Emerson Winchester III.
Winchester said contemptuously, “That’s not a real camera. I have only
the finest German cameras, specifically a Rolleiflex and a Leica.”

Have a Merry Pre-Christmas

Kurt

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] MASH)