Subject: Re: [Leica] 75/1.4 question (was: Homicide and photography)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:15:43 -0800

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:24:38 -0800, Ted <tedgrant@home.com> wrote:
>
> >Excuse me, am I in the right place? It seems this is the second Leica site where I thought I'd get some Leica information.
>
> What, the LUG got off-topic?  Again?  I'm shocked.  Shocked and appalled.
> Shocked, appalled and mortified.  shocked, appalled, mortified and contrite.
>
> Actually, I think this thread has ended up far more civil than I'd feared.  But,
> just to get things back on topic:  I just got a new 75/1.4.  Amazing lens -
> tonally it's just a revelation.  But I'm worried about all that naked glass
> hanging out there in front of my nose.  Ted, should I use a Tiffen or a B&W UV
> filter to protect it?  ;-)
>
> Paul

Tiffen filters are a gel sandwiched between two pieces of optical glass.
That's 6 surfaces, count em six!
I'd go with colored glass any day only two surfaces to go wrong.
I'll use Tiffen in a pinch they are a cheap and accessible temporary fix.
It's from my home town or Rosyln hts. Long island by the way where i lived until
i was ten!
If i like a filter well enough I'll got the whole route and order a multicoated
B&W or Heliopan.

Ted Rabiner
:)

Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Homicide and photography)