Subject: RE: [Leica] How to Improve Photography Skills
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:14:34 -0000

Duri,
the best inspiration, I found, to move forward was to take myself onto a
photographic workshop course, with a great photographer.
Here in the UK we have a place called Duckspool, see
http://www.duckspool.com
though there are others.
The last time I visited here there were at least a couple of visitors from
Europe.
the good workshops don't teach, they enlighten your attitude to
photography. They get you to analyse why you want to do what you want to
do, then can suggest ways of getting there.
There are only a few books where I've ever seen that suggested,
'Approaching Photography', Paul Hill, Focal Press.
'On Being a Photographer', Bill Jayand David Hurn, Lenswork Publishing
and perhaps
'Discover Yourself through Photography', Ralph Hattersley, Association
Press

These may give you something to look at till you can find a workshop.
best regards,
Jem