Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 asph M: summicron vs. summilux
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 13:36:25 -0500

Dan - I had the old version, really liked it, but then made the switch and have
never looked back.

While the older version is tiny, light, and produces wonderful results, there is
simply no comparison between the two lenses when shooting wide open - and the
reason I want a 1.4 lens is to be able to shoot it wide open. I know that with
the ASPH flare is virtually nonexistent, there is no vignetting to speak of, and
the image will be tack sharp from corner to corner.

As to the question of Bokah...I am far more interested in making sure that I get
my shot, than I am in the characteristics of the out-of-focus area.

B. D.