Subject: [Leica] OT: new Bronica RF
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:21:26 -0500

I had a chance to check out the new Bronica 645 RF offering over the
weekend, and was duly impressed.  It's quite compact--roughly the same size
as the Fuji Whatever (their autofocus MF rangefinder)--but it manually
focuses, and quite nicely, too.  Big square rangefinder patch in the middle
of the finder, which has frames for the 65 (filling nearly the entire frame)
and a portrait orientation--which is a boon, I suppose, for wedding and
other portrait photogs (I find it disorienting).

The body + 65/4 lens runs $1800 US.  They also have a wider lens (40? can't
remember) that requires a separate finder, and plans for a 135/4.5 (the
viewfinder framelines will adjust).  $3000 gets you the kit with all 3
lenses.

The lenses are leaf shutter and will synch up to 1/750.

I think anyone about to buy a Fuji or Mamiya RF may do well to check out
this Bronica first.  True, it's a 645 rather than a 6 square or 6x7, but it
is not much bigger than a 35 RF, solidly built, very quiet and unobtrusive.

Dan

Replies: Reply from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: new Bronica RF)
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] OT: new Bronica RF)