Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:37:03 EST

In a message dated 12/11/00 5:36:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
simon@sclamb.com writes:
                    <SNIP>
<< I will probably take an ISO800 film (colour neg)
 with my M6, the 35 f/2, 50mm f/2 and Noctilux.  I expect to be no less than
 thirty feet from the stage and possibly further back than that.  I have a
 some Portra 800 and Supra 800 in the fridge at home, but I am open to being
 guided by those who have worked in these conditions and have real world
 experience of different types of film. >>

So far, you are in good shape.  The Portra might control contrast somewhat
better, as would Fuji NHG II, which can easily stand a push as far as 3200.
For this kind of work, I personally have gone to the Fuji.

Joe Sobel