Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Steve Beyer <steve@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:53:58 -0500

Hi Simon,
    I take pictures of the kids on stage at the local high school.  I use to
use Fuji NPH with good results but I have recently moved to Kodak Supra
800... I love the punchy color and the price is very reasonable for a 800
speed film.  I think you will have some trouble with the lenses you will use
unless your goal is to get the whole stage.  I find that I use a 90 on a M6
and it tends to be a bit short and my 300 works great tight head shots when
I am in the first row of the auditorium.  I am looking forward to trying out
my new 70-180 and R8, I think this will be a winner.  On this stage, I have
found a high success level at 1/125 of a second at 2.8 for both of the
lenses above. The depth of field and action stopping seems to be just about
right and the latitude of the film seems to cover the exposure.  Good Luck
and let us know your results.

Steve