Subject: [Leica] My first leica (non-)purchase
From: "David Foley" <david@djfol.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:26:22 -0000

I attempted this afternoon to purchase my first Leica - a IIIf - from
PRESTONS cameras of Harrogate (UK).

I'd been comparing prices and condition of various cameras at various places
and opted for this one.

I asked to look at it and was given a friendly reponse and explanation of
the machine. At which point, the dealer stated that he wasn't happy with the
camera. He could detect - which I couldn't - a slight sticking of the
shutter and wouldn't sell it to me, stating that it would have to be looked
at and apologising for letting me down.

So, here's to the good guys!! He could easily have sold me that camera at a
time of year when any sale would be a good one. Anyone less scrupulous would
have
done so, blaming any later identification of the fault on the camera's age,
I'm sure.

So, if you're ever in North Yorkshire and need to rely on a good dealer I
can recommend this place.

Best Wishes
David

Replies: Reply from Nick Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk> (Re: [Leica] My first leica (non-)purchase)