Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: OT: new Bronica RF
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:24:26 -0400

Simon Ogilvie wrote:

> Dan Honemann wrote:
> >I think anyone about to buy a Fuji or Mamiya RF may do well to check out
> >this Bronica first.  True, it's a 645 rather than a 6 square or 6x7, but it
> >is not much bigger than a 35 RF, solidly built, very quiet and unobtrusive.
>
> Looking at the specs, the Bronica is only slightly smaller
> and lighter than the Mamiya 7.  Yet the Mamiya exposes almost
> twice the film area and has 6 available lenses.  It's also very
> similar in price.  The Bronica is going to have to be very good
> to take sales away from Mamiya IMHO.
>
> Simon.
>
> -----------------------
> **£39.99 for 3 Gameboy Games** Av. RRP £60.
> See http://www.totaliseshop.co.uk
Perhaps that is what the specs. say but I have owned a Mamiya six and it feels
much bigger than this camera.  THis camera feels about the same size as the
Fuji 645 S if you all can remember the one with the roll bar.  Also the price
of the camera and lens is less than the body only for the Mamiya, a very big
factor in my book.  I paid $1600 for the Bronica and lens at the Hunt show.  I
could not even find a second hand Mamiya seven with a lens for that price at
the later PHYSNE show in Waltham.  I think this camera may be quite popular.
It is small enough to fit into a bag with some Leica gear for the times you
think you might need or want medium format.
John Shick