Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:33:57 -0800

"Cochran, Adam" wrote:

> experience
> on the best way to begin use of a new NiMH battery.  The Leica manual states
> that "several charge/discharge cycles [should] be performed before they [the
> batteries]are used for the first time" seemingly as a training exercise for
> the battery.  I have not heard of this procedure with other NiMH batteries,
> and the thought of fully discharging a recently fully charged battery is
> unsettling.>>>>>>>

Hi Adam,

No fear, just do it! When I got mine I charged and drained them 3 or 4 times
before I put it to the test. Even now when I re-charge I set the button for
complete draining the the charger automatically kicks over to full charging.

been doing this since the motors finally arrived from the dark side of the moon
via shuttle.:-)

ted