Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:16:18 -0800

Mike Durling wrote:

> I guess we digress from Leica, but what the heck!  I got my Nikkormat in
> high school as well.  It came between rangefinder cameras because it
> replaced an Argus C3.  I found that if you drop the Nikkormat the meter
> needle will break its mount.  Using a hand-held meter never bothered me but
> my wife liked that camera so much that I bought an FT-2 for her.  I've since
> fixed the FTN's meter with one from a junk camera and I am trying out the
> trusty old 105/2.5 again.  I don't have a Leica lens in that focal range and
> the 135 never did appeal to me for the rangefinder camera.  Finder image is
> too small. Oh for a 90 AA!
>
><Snip>

Groundglass can be nice but let me tell you that a the 105/2.5 was my main lens
for more than a decade but my Elmarit 90 M blew it out of the water and my new
Summicron Apo Asph is sublime. I'll never go back to Nikon. I just use the 100
2.8 macro sometimes.
I may get a Contax SLR with a Zeiss 100 for that groundglass thing again. And macro.
But maybe an Leica SLR.

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from Nick Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk> (Re: [Leica] Film for school play)
Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Film for school play)