Subject: [Leica] New M2 Owner Questions
From: Jason Carroll <jacebc@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:37:53 -0800

Well, after much research and hand-wringing, it appears that I just
purchased a Leica M2 (SN 930632) from Ebay. As a first time Leica owner, I
need help with a few questions....

* 35mm Lens Options -- Used or Voightlannder?
I am thinking of starting with a 35mm lens for awhile, and a new Leica lens
is not in my budget. Should I look for a used one on Ebay or get a new
Voightlander with a adapter mount? If I get a used one, which should I look
for or avoid?

* Meters
I am looking at getting a small incident meter (maybe with a reflected
option). My goals would be small, accurate, and inexpensive.

* General Tips
Since this is my first time, I could use any help. Especially about how will
I load film into this thing? Any care guidelines? Straps or small bag
recommendations?

Thanks for any help!

/Jason Carroll
Portland, OR