Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: New M2 Owner Questions
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:19:03 EST

In a message dated 12/13/00 7:43:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
simon@camera-craftsman.com writes:

<< The only thing I would add for Jason is that I probably wouldn't
 recommend the version of the 8 element lens with specs as much as I
 would the one without. The optical formula is the same, but the specs
 (which you don't need for the M2)  make the viewfinder darker. OTOH, the
 price they fetch seems to be a bit lower. >>

True.  Also, the "eyes" are quite heavy, and the assembly makes the camera
top-heavy when the lens is mounted.  Otherwise, the mount is usable, at least
IME, with bodies other than the M3, for which it was designed.  It should
activate the 50mm frameline in most, if not all, other bodies.  I will leave
the details to those having greater expertise.

Joe Sobel