Subject: RE: [Leica] FW: Day in the Life
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:06:33 -0500

Hi, Steve...Not only is there no resistance to the B&W, it's one of my
selling points......

As to the primes v zooms...I carry the two F100s and the M6...the 35 is
always on the M6, and I usually have the 20 and the 60 or 85 mounted on the
F100s...I can then switch to the 28 if needed, or the alternate longer
lens...but in the kind of shooting I'm doing, that set up means I'm never up
the creek......The other prime/zoom issue....I have been thinking about the
new Nikon 17-35 2.8 ED AF etc. etc. silent, etc. etc.....but Michael
Hintlian, who has given me other excellent advice, notes that for the kind
of work I'm trying to do - as opposed to on-the-fly PJ shooting - zooms can
lead to visual sloppiness......an interesting observation...

B. D.