Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex mk1 light metering question
From: weber_leou@itri.org.tw
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:36:11 +0800

I just got a Leicaflex mk1 and notice the light metering is always on. This is different from my SL which use the film loading crank to on/off the meter --- same as Nikon FM2/FE2.

And this what I read from Douglas Herr's

Light meter: Non-through-the-lens CdS meter cell, powered
by a 625 mercury battery or equivalent. The meter reads a
field of view approximately equal to that of a 90mm lens.

Light meter: Selective through-the-lens CdS meter cell,