Subject: Re: [Leica] Never-load kit
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:32:33 +1100

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/14/00 6:40:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> horsts@primus.com.au writes:
>
> << Well, I personally think, he is right. >>
>
> If the point is that only the photographer has the prerogative to determine
> what equipment to use and how to use it, I agree.  Otherwise, no way.
>
> Joe Sobel

Joe, firstly, Marc never told you or anybody, what to use or not to use. He
merely wrote about his own experience and the experience of people he knows. It
pays to read the mail in sequential order, to get the right picture.

Second, why do so many of you get stuck in to Mark? There is no reason for
this. Is it because he really knows a lot more about the Photographic history,
the company histories and also the technical details of the equipment used.  I
most definitely rather believe Marc, than anyone else, when he talks about this
things.

It amazes me, how just about anyone comes instantly to the defense of Erwin, No
matter what he writes about.

There is nothing wrong, with differing opinions. But be fair about it.   I made
a similar
negative comment about the so called 'Quick load kit' . But only one person
decided to
send a replay. However  Marc's mail, who's contents where basically the same as
mine,
started a big flaming war. All he did, at first, answered a LUGers question in
detail together with some historic facts.  Possible to the disagreement of
some.  However I never expected such a heated argument, and Im sure Marc did
not either. You guys ask for facts and when he delivers, you either don't
believe them, or you repeat the same question until he gets (rightly)
antagonized. Then you complain about it: "How could he possibly....  shocking

You guys should be glad to have him on this list. The information he provides,
are not only detailed and interesting, but add some of his knowledge to yours.
I had to loose this source.

Regards, Horst Schmidt