Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 70-180 f/2.8
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:40:15 -0500

Leica tells me that the mount on the R cameras will hold the lens with out
the use of the strap on the lens.  It's more of an either / or deal. I will
be using this lens for the next few weeks for some reportage coverage's I'm
doing. Great glass but I feel the focus is too tight. It was this way with
several others that I've used. I much prefer the handling of the 180 F2.
Focus is very fast and smooth and the lens balances very well and is no
heavier than the 70-180 APO.
Cheers Wilber