Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanners
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:29:08 -0500

You might want to consider the HP Photosmart s20, which at $399 USD, is a
real bargain.  I have been using one for about 6 months now.  I am not
thrilled about its B+W performance, but for Kodachrome and Velvia slides I
have been really impressed with both the colour fidelity and the image
quality.  There are some sites which compare the S20 favorably with Nikon
scanners. The user interface is good and everything is easily adjustable.

Downsides:  It does no batch scan mounted slides, though it will scan 5
images from a negative strip. Resolution is 2400dpm, lower that Polaroid. No
fancy ICE dust removal software.

Jonathan Lee