Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:38:44 +0100

On 20 Dec 00, at 18:23, Cochran, Adam wrote:

> Have
> any of you had a negative experience with the reliability of the
> LS-2000?
> Are there other scanners in this price range that you would recommend?

The LS-2000 as well as the Polaroid/Microtek 4000 scanners have
their strong proponents. I use the Microtek. For a scanner overview,
Tony Sleep's site is good:
http://www.halftone.co.uk/

This is framed, but not too difficult to navigate to the scanner
section.

If you want to know more about working with scanners, photoshop,
printers, check the DigitalSilver list:

http://www.topica.com/lists/digitalsilver/

There are quite a few LUGgers there as well.

Regards,

Tim