Subject: [Leica] Noct calibration?
From: imxputs@ision.nl
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:00:18 +0100 (CET)

There is no need for specific calibration or individual matching of Noctilux
1.0/50 and Summilux 1.4/50 and 1.4/75 lenses to individual bodies.
This is one of many myths and even if it appeared in Viewfinder, it is not true.
Presumably this info is derived from the fact that the first Noctilux, the
1.2/50, did indeed need an individual calibration to the body it was to be used
on as production tolerances were higher then and to adjust to the specific
characteristics of the Noct 1.2/50. (read full story in my book!)
Current lenses and bodies do not need to be calibrated or adjusted. I use a
Noct 1.0/50, and a 1.4/75 on my standard M6 without any matching and my results
are optically at least without any complaint.
Please spare yourself money and worries and do not calibrate.

Erwin