Subject: [Leica] I'm doing a wedding what should I do? ;-)
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:05:03 -0800

Well OK now I've got your attention! :-)

Yes I'm shooting a wedding Saturday evening, however it's more of a
documentary thing. God I hope so!

One, it's all B&W,  Leica's,  M &R.  It's taking place in an old castle,
Craigdorrach castle. All available light, I go tomorrow to check the
place out for lighting.

The lady who will "show me about" tomorrow said on the phone,  "And I'll
show you the best places for pictures where the well known wedding
photographers take theirs."   I replied, "Thank you ma'am,  but I'm
shooting it as it happens and there wont be any formal set-ups, as
that's not my cup of tea."    "Oh you mean like you're a "random
photographer?"

"Well ma'am I suppose that's one way of putting it."  She, "Have you
taken pictures at a wedding before?"  "A few, but since I became a
senior citizen a long time ago, I haven't shot any."  She, "OH!" end of
conversation.

However, here are some enlightening facts :

The bride to be is also about as pregnant as a woman can be,  as her due
to deliver day is the same day as the wedding!  Now I've done weddings
(very long time ago) and birthing  just a little while ago, so this
could work out to be a one shot deal! :-)  A formidable piece of cake
getting it all over in one shoot!  ;-) Nothing like "bride & birth!" ;-)

I understand if she goes into labour during the wedding vows,  the padre
will attempt to get it over with, the marrying part that is, as quickly
as he can. And if he can't finish because like she's got to move it!
He'll ride with the "bride about to be mother and the groom about to be
father" and finish it before they hit the hospital.  Now, the bottom
end?

The padre will go right to the delivery room to get it over before the
little critter enters the world. Something about "little bastards or or
other"   Now that's Holy dedication if nothing else. :-)

And me? Damn I have to drive behind them, then get my butt into the
hospital fast enough to capture the finale! :-)

With any kind of luck she'll ride it out,  get the marrying part over in
a nice non-event manner. And I can get home early!

Further news Saturday!  Jeeeesh so many things all in one day, hell I'm
getting too old for all this and Christmas a couple days away!

ted

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] I'm doing a wedding what should I do? ;-))
Reply from "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] I'm doing a wedding what should I do? ;-))
Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] I'm doing a wedding what should I do? ;-))