Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm doing a wedding what should I do? ;-)
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:05:04 -0800

At 10:05 PM -0800 12/21/00, Ted wrote:
>Well OK now I've got your attention! :-)
>
>Yes I'm shooting a wedding Saturday evening, however it's more of a
>documentary thing. God I hope so!
>
>One, it's all B&W,  Leica's,  M &R.  It's taking place in an old castle,
>Craigdorrach castle. All available light, I go tomorrow to check the
>place out for lighting.
>
>The lady who will "show me about" tomorrow said on the phone,  "And I'll
>show you the best places for pictures where the well known wedding
>photographers take theirs."   I replied, "Thank you ma'am,  but I'm
>shooting it as it happens and there wont be any formal set-ups, as
>that's not my cup of tea."    "Oh you mean like you're a "random
>photographer?"
>
>"Well ma'am I suppose that's one way of putting it."  She, "Have you
>taken pictures at a wedding before?"  "A few, but since I became a
>senior citizen a long time ago, I haven't shot any."  She, "OH!" end of
>conversation.
>
>However, here are some enlightening facts :
>
>The bride to be is also about as pregnant as a woman can be,  as her due
>to deliver day is the same day as the wedding!  Now I've done weddings
>(very long time ago) and birthing  just a little while ago, so this
>could work out to be a one shot deal! :-)  A formidable piece of cake
>getting it all over in one shoot!  ;-) Nothing like "bride & birth!" ;-)
>
>I understand if she goes into labour during the wedding vows,  the padre
>will attempt to get it over with, the marrying part that is, as quickly
>as he can. And if he can't finish because like she's got to move it!
>He'll ride with the "bride about to be mother and the groom about to be
>father" and finish it before they hit the hospital.  Now, the bottom
>end?
>
>The padre will go right to the delivery room to get it over before the
>little critter enters the world. Something about "little bastards or or
>other"   Now that's Holy dedication if nothing else. :-)
>
>And me? Damn I have to drive behind them, then get my butt into the
>hospital fast enough to capture the finale! :-)
>
>With any kind of luck she'll ride it out,  get the marrying part over in
>a nice non-event manner. And I can get home early!
>
>Further news Saturday!  Jeeeesh so many things all in one day, hell I'm
>getting too old for all this and Christmas a couple days away!
>
>ted

Hey, I had to do two weddings this Summer, so no reason why you
should be spared!

No pregnancy problems, but all the rest including 'the REAL wedding
photographers don't seem to do that'!

I try to tell them at the outset that if the wedding scene looks like
a construction site I feel right at home, but that usually doesn't
cut it with the bride of the mother (who is not the one to ask me to
do the photos in any case).

I hope that yours becomes a multi-event to show off all your skill,
but that the timing is gentle enough to make it a non-Olympic event.
Merry Christmas!!

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design