Subject: Re: [Leica] HI MATIC ??
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:42:25 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 23/12/00 06:06:52 Paris, Madrid, mcclure@udata.com a
écrit :

<< Rob McClure wrote:

 > Joe,
 >
 > You were robbed, I bought my Hi-matic (G version) at an antique store
 > for $9.<g?  It takes incredibly fine photos, especially with color print
 > film. I have a framed 11X14 on display in my office, along with my Leica
 > prints and that photo receives as many compliments as the Leica shots. I
 > keep the Minolta in the car at all times without worry of someone
 > stealing it.
 >
 > My G was designed for mercury batteries, but Varta V 76PX  seem to work
 > fine.  If you want the mercury batteries, I have ordered them from
http://www.gis.net/~amjas/

 > Rob McClure
 >
 > 76PX
 > V8PWR@aol.com wrote:
 > >
 > > hello all . Today I bought a Minolta Hi Matic F , like new , with case ,
for
 > > only 15 bucks .
 > > Does anyone know what kind of batteries would wake up its heart ?
 > > Also , I know there was a good site concerning this camera but I
 > > was not able to trace it again .
 > > Any Idea ?
 > > Thanks
 > >
 > > Jo Goodtimes , France .
 > > Live Free or Die. >>
Thanks Rob.
Finally , instead of ordering expensive replacement batteries , what I did
was to
adapt some LR44 units : I found one small hex nut , the right thickness to
compensate for
the small height of the LR44 . Then I managed to cut a small piece of rubber
hose to compensate
for the diameter , and forced the battery on one side and the nut on the
other .
this adapter perfectly fits the battery chamber , and the hole in the nut
helps centering the LR44
on the other side .
I tried the camera and it works perfectly ! Nothing is better than a Custom !
So now I've got the same batteries as on my M6 .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.