Subject: Re: [Leica] film breaking during cold loading
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:31:33 -0500

Ha!<br>
I dare both of you to come tripod shooting in Detroit, where the wind chill
has hit a balmy -39 F (to say nothing of what it would be centigrade) and
the temperature is 5 degrees.&nbsp; Better get something with a leaf shutter and
plate film.<br>
This year is bad, but not the worst - I shot some pictures in Ann Arbor in
winter 1994 (January) when the chill hit -70 F and the temperature was -27.&nbsp;
I did break the film, but only the leader and only on the rewind.&nbsp; Kodak
color seems pretty resistant.<br>
Cheers<br>
Dante<br>
Dan Honemann wrote:<br>