Subject: [Leica] M5 questions
From: "Don Lawrence" <donlaw@ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 13:29:07 -0600

I have enjoyed lurking in this list for the past few months.
And I have had the pleasure of owning and using an M6 with both a 35 and 50
summicron
for the last few months.
But for some inexplicable reason I managed to
develop this deadly serious interest in the M5.
Undoubtedly reading Stephen Gandy's site influenced me some.
As my interest in Leica grew from the excellent results the M6 has given me,
I began watching for an M5.
About two months ago I noticed two M5s at my local used Camera dealer.
These cameras have been calling my name.
So, Friday I walked in and with a bit of negotiation was able to purchase a
mint- M5.

This is an really interesting camera. I intend to put it to use this weekend
at
some family Christmas occasions.

Would anyone on the list have a good source for a M5 user manual?
Perhaps someone might have scanned it and could email it as a pdf file?
Or perhaps some one has one to sell?
Until I find a manual could some one who has experience with the M5 give
me an explanation if what the exposure dial on the camera back does?
The dealer who sold me the camera seemed to know very little about its
operation.

Also this is the 3 lug version, what type of strap is recommended?

Thanks
Don

Replies: Reply from "Bruce Bowman" <b.bowman@delkergrid.com> (Re: [Leica] M5 questions)
Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] M5 questions)