Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh controversy
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:00:55 -0800

Martin Howard wrote:

> [...]
sharpness?  Or 'three-dimensionaltiy'?  All of a sudden it becomes quite
interesting, n'est pas?<<<<<<

Oui mon ami!   However! :-)

Only to people who may know the difference and 99.999999% of the people in the
world don't know a good, bad or ugly photograph when they see them! :-) And a
photo editors or certainly a great number I've worked with who thought the were
photo editors were visually challenged and wouldn't know a bokeh from a pokeh in
the eye! ;-)

Man it happens and to try and imagine what it's going to look like every time the
camera is to your eye "to take pictures with impact!"  The bokeh on the mind is
going to get you the wonderful moment of, "Gee this one would have been great but
I was wondering what the bokeh would look like and missed the decisive moment!
But man the Bokeh is real magical!";-)

Bokeh happens just like "sh.... happens!" And it's better with some lenses in some
cases and situations but it isn't with others under other conditions depending on
lens and aperture, back ground. Soooooo to get the magical bokeh moment all the
time what do you do?  Carry around a dozen lenses for the ultimate bokeh moment or
the one lens you know produces the nice bokeh moment for your eye? However, it's
constantly the wrong lens for the subject but who cares, as the bokeh is cool! ;-)

ted