Subject: SL2 (was: Re: [Leica] Re: Why DO we spend so much money on Leica glass, anyway?)
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2000 19:51:25 -0800

On Wed, 27 December 2000, Javier Perez wrote:

> My take on it.
> You will use, admire and enjoy the SL2
> but will eventually replace it with
> an R4 5 6 or 7 and sit the SL2 on a shelf
> The newer Rs are just more user friendly
> and easier to focus, particularly the R5 and up.

Javier,

I'm actually replacing R4s & R4sP bodies with SL & SL2 bodies, not just for the better focussing, but also for the continuously-variable shutter speeds in manual mode, and for the larger body size which fits my hands better.  The boof gets my remaining R4sP.  It's lighter weight suits her better than a Leicaflex would.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!