Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bokeh controversy
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:02:57 -0800

><Snip>  If you're going to take
> sweeping landscapes where everything is pin-sharp in focus, then obviously
> bringing along that 1960's 90mm Summicron for its bokeh is going to be a
> little superfluous and the more compact and lighter 90mm APO-ASPH would
> probably be a better choice.
>
> M.

I'm just not all that convinced that bokeh on the  1960's 90mm Summicron is so
superior as to make the lens worth having just for that purpose. Or That it is
that much better than the bokeh on the  90mm APO-ASPH Summicron if at all "better."
It's possible. I dubious of it. But would have to see it.
It's not as if it can't be easily demonstrated in a direct comparison test.
I'm sure sooner rather than later I'll be able to see this for myself.

mark :) rabiner

updated temporary Website by "Foxy":
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/