Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex vs Leica R
From: Akhil Lal <akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:28:30 -0500

Yes- a 2 cam to 3 cam conversion is $ 150 from Leica USA,  while the
parts cost about $ 55 if you wish to do it yourself. The conversion
involves fitting a new 2 cam assembly, screwing in the R cam tab and a
new collar.

Converting a 1 cam lens to a 3 cam requires more parts and labour, hence
the higher cost.

But yes, do get a second opinion; perhaps an independent repairer may be
able to do it for less.

Regards,
Akhil

Regards,