Subject: [Leica] Re: No X-Rays
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:50:33 -0800

Sal, any insight on how I can be desiginated a Pro? I amgoing to London in
May
and on to Paris.  I would really prefer to not have my Tri X 400 x rayed.

 Two years ago I ordered 20 plastic reloadable casettes from B&H, a 100 foot
roll of TXP, and ended up with film that would never trigger a metal
detector. I could get the twenty rolls into my pants and jacket pockets.
Just be sure to remove all the usual change, keys, and handguns from your
person before taking the walk through the detector. All 120 and 220 film now
comes on plastic spools but I checked the wrappers. The foil on some brands
never triggered the alarm, but, could be removed if need be.

After using all the abovementioned film I sent it home to the USA in my
wife's pockets. It was never x-rayed. I bought TXP and TMX in europe and
traveled about a dozen flights all around west europe. I kept all this film
in my carry-on bag and it was x-rayed many times. When I developed all the
film I could see no evidence of a difference between the two batches.

I understand the scanner for checked baggage will microwave your lunch, but,
I quit worrying about the carry-on scanners.

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: No X-Rays)