Subject: [Leica] X-rays on cross channel Tunnel
From: "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:16:56 +0000

I am an English Francophile with a house and clients in France. I have not
had anything X-rayed when crossing the channel with my car, either on
ferries or the Tunnel car transport train, though I haven't used the tunnel
for a few years as the most convenient route for me is the overnight ferry
from Portsmouth to Le Havre.
I am sure random security checks are possible, I have never experienced or
observed one in the 12 years I have been travelling frequently.
I have not used the passenger train from London to Paris.
cheers Frank