Subject: [Leica] Lens Hood
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 11:35:44 -0400

Hi all,
Well, lucky me, I just recently came across a very nice 50mm Summarit with no
fog or cleaning marks to speak of and am looking forward to using the lens.
However, one look at all that glass tells me that this lens will need all the
flare protection it can get.   The Leitz shade for this lens is both hard to
find and ungodly expensive when found, ( I recently sold an as new one for
$200, and I am of course now kicking myself for having done so.).  Any
suggestions for an affordable alternative>
John Shick

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens Hood)