Subject: [Leica] Retri X or Tmax at 1600
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 03:13:28 EST

> 2 RE: [Leica] Which is best? - TriX or TMax 400 @ iso 1600?

I can answer this one for you without reading the posts, just the title from
the digest...

Tri Ilford HP5 plus, rating it at 1600 and processing it according to the
directions, nothing fancy, D-76, undilute, 12 1/2 minutes at 68 degrees.

I have been using this combination nearly a year now in a Minox and have been
getting images that blow the socks off the people in the submini chat list. I
can shoot in book stores at 1/50 sec and this is with a fixed aperature  f
3.5 camera on an 8 by 11 mm negative, and get really good (yes, a bit grainy,
but not as much as you might think) 5 by 7 prints with incredible detail.

 go to

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1016844&a=9158130

and see a selection -- almost every one shot on this combo with a minox.

ctrentelman
ogden
small r us
utah