Subject: Re: [Leica] Hi Quality Ink Jet Printers? off topic!!!!
From: Bill Barton <wbill@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 05:35:22 -0500

Dave,

I am scanning at 300 dpi, I am very new to this stuff...The scanner
and printer were my early Christmas present to myself...Plus this is
my first scanner so I did not spend a lot of money to get my feet wet.

The scanner is a Agfa e50 flat bed, has the transparency module built
into the cover...But the reason I went with the Agfa is the neg holder
has one long slot for a strip of negs/trans without any bars across it.
takes a strip of negs reg 35 mm in groups of five or noblex 24 x 66 in
groups of 2.75 appx... Kind of works like a very simple Negatran...

Having never done any photo work on a computer before, I have to say
I got lucky that everything is working as well as it is so far. The
actual image size I am outputting on the 11 x 17 inch paper is 16 inches
long and around 5 inches tall depending on how I crop it. Up to now I
have been shooting just e-6 on the Noblex and Horizon 202 panoramic
cameras plus Agfa Scala and some Polaroid Instant slide film. I have not
figured out how to print full frame with my old Focomat, and don't
have any other enlargers these days.
wbill