Subject: Re: [Leica] E bay Vendors
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:31:32 -0600

I bought a M3 off Ebay from the grand daughter of the original owner who died
in 1979. The camera had been hanging in the closet since then. It has the
box, IB, import certificate etc. The camera would not work. The topplate had
the usual meter marks so I sent the camera to Leica, NJ. Other than the above
the camera was mint. I had the topplate replaced and the usual CLA, no
problem. Leica does not itemize the parts they replace. The camera looks
beautifully and works perfectly. I keep it in a Kameraleder ER case and use
it. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Message from Dennis Painter <dpainter@Bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] E bay Vendors)