Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: an appeal to photographer (was re: tina's print pricing)
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:25:03 +0100

On 3 Jan 01, at 10:06, Jim Brick wrote:

> As a fine art photographic print producer, I don't agree with you.

Good arguements, Jim. I'd rather give a print away to someone that
I knew that appreciated it rather than sell it for cheap. Certainly, I
can churn out nearly identical digital prints, at a cost of materials,
but if I figure in travel costs, equipment costs, time spent .... If you
want your image to go out with the next redecoration, sell it cheap.

One point that you make regarding presentation - how the photo is
matted and framed - seems to add an inordinate value to the
image, but that seems to be how the market works.