Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: an appeal to photographer
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:55:19 -0500

At 10:06 AM 1/3/01 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
>Art priced cheap will be thought of as a cheap attempt at art.
>If your work is good, that is if people spend
>time looking at it, talking about it, asking questions about it, and buying
>it, then it is obviously good art and worth the price.

If one's work is good (for the reasons that you list) then it is good.
Quality is quality regardless the price tag.

Being the ardent Adam Smith Capitalist that I am, I say the fruits of one's
labour are WORTH whatever you have the conscience to ask and that someone
is willing to pay you for them. But an image's Worth and it's Quality as
Art are not the same things and shouldn't be linked.

The print of Kyle's that I got for a small donation to the "Holga giveaway"
project many months ago is as welcome on my wall as Art as are the
obligatory AAdams or Brassai posters that are hanging there which I paid
much more for.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://GoodPhotos.com