Subject: Re: [Leica] print pricing
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:26:25 +0100

On 3 Jan 01, at 22:27, Ray Moth wrote:

> My reaction to seeing a great print is not to want to
> own it but to go out and try to do as well or better. I'm inspired to
> try but not to buy. I can't imagine ever paying money for someone
> else's work. Do any others feel that way too? Maybe I'm a Philistine?

Some people make photos I wouldn't try to make, but I do
appreciate. I love Doug Herr's work, but don't want to spent my
time photographing birds or my money buying the kit needed for
this. Kyle's work is intriguing (not the pol's), and I wouldn't have
access to the people he photographs. Swap or buy, there are
some of these images that I'd want that I'd never try to make. If I
saw someone who does what I like to do better, I'd do my best to
equal them.