Subject: Re: [Leica] print pricing
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:17:48 -0500

I certainly won't accuse you of being a Philistine, but I will certainly
say, "you can't be serious."

Certainly we all learn from seeing, observing, studying, the work of
others. But is our goal really to see something we like and go ape it -
or do "better?"

The only thing that keeps me from spending money for prints of certain
photographs by photographers whose work I admire is the price tag - I am
more in need of money for film, processing, promotion, and equipment
than I am in need of a work of art for the wall. But then I don't have
the house filled with my own photos on the walls either....

B. D.