Subject: Re: [Leica] Outfit Opinion
From: Rick Floyd <rick-floyd@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:10:22 -0500

on 1/4/01 6:33 PM, Al Edwards at alwards@yahoo.com wrote:

> The APO-Summicron 90 is harder to use as a
> general-purpose lens than the 75 Summilux-M, but
> I have not used it. It reputedly has no other
> weaknesses.

It sure is great that Leica offers so many choices.  I personally found the
75 difficult to operate - stiff focus, odd frame lines and out of focus
pictures.  On the other hand, I find the 90 APO-ASPH a dream lens to use and
that closely matches my 35 Summicron ASPH in performance.  Since I also have
the Noctilux and 50 Summicron, I guess I fall into number 2.

When I was deciding on lenses, I was convinced that the 35/90 or 35/75 combo
was right for me.  However, I could only afford the 50 Summicron to begin
with and my system grew from there.  I really like the M6 system I have and
am now looking at an R8!

Rick
- --

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Outfit Opinion)